I was going to ask a question which mnyb has touched on.  It sounded a
bit to me like Toole was saying that room correction for frequencies
below 200 hz or so would be quite effective.  Which made me wonder if
something like the DSpeaker Anti-mode might be a worthwhile investment
for a home environment?

Rg

System information
Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV
Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre:  Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox
Appliance, V 2.3.