Archimago wrote:
> Yes, of course I looked at those 20...
> http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2014/07/24-bit-vs-16-bit-audio-test-part-iia-20.html
>
> Thanks for reading so intently.
Great, thanks for the link.
But reading it I see you only did further analysis of those 20
respondents results - you didn't do any further testing using a more
controlled environment as suggested by Solderdude to analyse if these
results were not just the expected number of correct results from random
guessing?

BTW, can you tell me the derivation for your expectation of 17.5 correct
answers out of 140 if just random guessing was involved - I know it's
140/8 but where are you getting the 8 from?

I see both you & Solderdude both miss the other significant section of
the results - the 21 respondents who got the exactly wrong results,
A-B-B - getting exactly the wrong answer is again always worth further
analysis. Consistently mis-identifying 24bit as 16bit is still an
indicator that a definite difference is heard which is non-random.