jh901 wrote:
> [I]
>
> Ouch.

It's the Cary audio and shynyata stuff in you signature I suppose ?

I can try to put it in a non insulting manner . "Dear sir i Think you
are way down in the rabbit hole imho . meaning you have a considerable
emotional and monetary investment in yes woo woo equipment and the
audiophile culture such as it is and are not very likely to hear any
rational argument about how audio tech really works" .

Statiscally this state of mind is low probability to be reversible (I
and some others have done it ,buts it statistical noise ) . hence the
"waste of time" part .

So most counter arguments to your statements about for example
audibility of digital source components (which is not a real issue
nowadays ) are often really directed to our lurkers and fence sitters ?
is it not about 10 times more people reading a tread than participating
.

And yes the ridicule , its human .

If a friend in a real conversation says something really really stupid ,
you are very likely to reply something like "your nuts !!" followed by a
face palm and a loud sigh :)
Is their an electronic equivalent of banging your forehead into the
table that are less insulting ? How do you convey the sentiments that
this is one of silliest things you ever heard without slightly
insults/ridicule the recipient ?
Hence the other function of the ignore button . You know your going to
react like this hence better not see the post that makes you gringe and
preventing yourself from overreacting .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )