guidof wrote:
> Hello Rick:
>
> Here is how my connections are set up: DAC RCA out to preamp RCA in;
> preamp RCA out to DSPeaker RCA in; DSPeaker XLR out to amp XLR in;
> DSPeaker RCA out to sub RCA in. For quite a while I was using the
> Benchmark as both a DAC and preamp, with the DAC XLR out to DSpeaker XLR
> in. It was excellent too, but I found by chance (while testing some
> Sennheiser D800 headphones with the Little Dot Mk III amp) that the
> Little Dot in the chain resulted in a tad more lifelike sound. Either
> way, with the DSPeaker just ahead of the amp and sub, it controls both
> the speakers and the sub.
>
> In this setup, the DSPeaker is used as analog in and analog out mode,
> which of course means that it has to work both as ADC and DAC, as all
> internal operations are carried out in the digital domain. I detect no
> undesirable effects of this; indeed I prefer the result (with the
> Benchmark acting as DAC) to using the DSpeaker in digital in, analog out
> mode, i.e., as a DAC only, which I also tried in an earlier incarnation
> (and thus was limited to 24/96).
>
> The cable that came with the mike is 16 feet long.
>
> Hope this is the information you wanted.
>

> Best,
>
> Guido F.

It is just what I was interested in knowing.  Much appreciated and thank
you....

Rg

System information
Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV
Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre:  Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox
Appliance, V 2.3.