utgg wrote:
> Maybe just showing the DC decay resulting from AC/capacitively coupled
> output. I.e. the impulse injects a very small amount of DC which decays
> over a few ms - perhaps no further overshoot/ringing involved after the
> initial 'rebound'. Should be visible with a lot more gain on the signal
> trace. I assume the timescale ticks are 1ms?

Excellent work utgg! Indeed it looks like as you said, a D/C offset
which decays over at least 40ms. Here's a zoomed in look at the tracing
of the impuse:

18581

Result of those big 1000uF capacitors seen in the 'hardware teardown'
(http://mikebeauchamp.com/2014/12/pono-player-teardown/)?

|Filename: DC_Offset.png                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18581|

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.