ralphpnj wrote:
> As I asked in the thread title: Is the amount of jitter a function of
> the type of connection?
>
> What I mean is does the amount of jitter vary for different types of
> connection?
>
> So is there more or less jitter present in a USB connection than in a
> coax connection?
>
> More or less jitter present in a coax connection than in an Ethernet
> connection?

The audiophile myth that underlies this question appears to be the myth
that jitter is only dependent on the type of connection.

If that were true, then all DACs connected via a specific kind of link
would sound the same, no?

The question also falsifies a recent  post by the same poster claiming
that tagging files always audibly hinders their sound quality.

Only one thing can be the most important thing. So, which is it, tagging
or connection type?  (That's a rhetorical question - the answer is that
many things can be the most important thing depending on other details
of the situaton.)

Pretty good demonstration of the fact that poor critical thinking is
involved in many of these audiophile-myth based questions.

Pretty ironic that the same poster presents himself as a superior expert
in so many things audio and has a track record for insulting people that
disagree with his mythical beliefs.