d6jg wrote:
> Rips using a Win 7 Pro machine sound far superior to those made with a
> Win 8 machine so I would expect there to be a discernible difference
> between dbpa on Mac and the same on Windows. It's even more obvious when
> you compare a rip made on a French PC to one made in the UK. Stands to
> reason doesn't it?
>
> Of course the difference is largest when you compare a rip from a £200
> PC to one from a £1500 PC. The more expensive PC produces much better
> results. Of course.
>
> I really shouldn't venture down here to the basement too often!

Then you should definitely not read The absolute sounds (TAS) article
about computer audio , if you do anyway don't drink anything while
reading it, it will leave your body trough the nose :)

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )