ralphpnj wrote:
> About the worst effect that audiophile silliness has had in the consumer
> audio marketplace is the sales of Monster cables (all the other high end
> audio cable manufacturers have no presence in the consumer audio
> marketplace) and surge protectors.

I used to have my doubts about surge protectors...until I had a surge.
It's been 20 years or more now, so I'm not sure I remember everything
that got cooked:'

2-Shortwave radios
1-Scanner
2-VCRs
1-Receiver
1-Clothes dryer
1-Coffee maker
1-CD player
?-Cheap clocks

It was weird and confusing...I came home from work to find that some
things worked, some didn't.  I thought I had some bizarre power failure
before something finally tipped me off...it might have been the visible
scorching inside the receiver.