jkeny wrote:
> Amir, BE718 insist that DAC analogue output is the only place to do
> measurements & have shown higher amplitude 8KHz spikes (& their
> harmonics). This is exactly what is to be expected when the jitter of
> the USB frames & microframes is reduced. Microframe timing of 125uS
> gives rise to a frequency of 8KHz (& harmonics) when the logic gates in
> the USB receiver fire at this interval causing a ground noise spike or
> logic induced modulation (LIM) as it is known by.

So cleaning up the USB timing results in more 8 KHz noise?

> I wouldn't be surprised if the next demand will be that we don't
> actually listen to the DAC output so the analogue signal should be
> measured further downstream - hell measurements should only be measured
> from the speaker as that is what we listen to, right?

I guess that by that logic, we should measure at the neurons in our
brain.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953