mlsstl wrote:
> Very true. It is disappointing that so much corporate effort is put into
> making meaningless changes for the sole purpose of protecting patents.
> As many have noted before, from a audio fidelity standpoint, the music
> industry makes horridly poor use of the CD format as it is.
>
> With the current state of most recordings, coming up with new storage
> formats makes as much sense as rearranging the deck chairs on the
> Titanic.

I fully agree with you but what really disturbs me is how easily so many
audiophiles fall for this nonsense. While I do understand why the high
end audio press so willingly acts as cheerleaders for these oftentimes
worthless (from an audio standpoint) endeavors (money, money, money),
it's the fact that so many otherwise intelligent people by into these
scams over and over again. As the saying goes: one lies and the other
swears to it.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos