ralphpnj wrote:
> I fully agree with you but what really disturbs me is how easily so many
> audiophiles fall for this nonsense. While I do understand why the high
> end audio press so willingly acts as cheerleaders for these oftentimes
> worthless (from an audio standpoint) endeavors (money, money, money),
> it's the fact that so many otherwise intelligent people by into these
> scams over and over again. As the saying goes: one lies and the other
> swears to it.

Well said. It's not so much that companies will take liberties with the
truth in advertising or that there are cheerleaders willing to benefit
from the industry. Rather the lack of critical thinking is of greater
concern...

Having said that, who knows, maybe we're just jaded and battle weary
from the few "extremist subjective audiophiles" who also tend to be very
vocal on forums... and the reality is that Meridian already realizes the
gig's up when it comes to actually achieving significant penetration
with this scheme.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.