ralphpnj wrote:
> Now onto your points about opinions. All of these points have more to do
> with the process used to initially record the music and are useful in
> that context. What I'm trying to get are there any recordings where the
> 24 bit version being sold the the consumer has an actual dynamic range
> that is GREATER than the 16 bit version.

I have looked at quite a few, and so far I haven't come across one with
more than 16 bits of actual dynamic range. Anything beyond 12 bits or so
is very rare.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953