So with all this back and forth I see that my original "question" (in
quotes because I never actually phrased it as a question) of whether or
not increasing the bit depth from 16 bit to 24 bit for a recording with
only 85db of dynamic range (as in the difference between the quietest
and the loudest passages of the audio on the recording) increases the
dynamic range of the recording. I very firmly believe that increasing
the bit depth has absolutely no effect on the dynamic range of the
recording and I stated is just like putting a letter in a bigger
envelope, i.e. same size letter just a bigger envelope.

To further elaborate, I feel that 24 bit is being used as a pure
marketing term and offers no real benefit to the end user aka consumer.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos