Hificricketboy wrote:
> I'm sure I've done it wrong in someone's eyes. But, hey, it's my money
> my ears and my hifi.
>
> The OP is using a Transporter, which is an extremely good piece of kit,
> as a digital source. At £700 or whatever it cost i would guess £30 for a
> cable is not beyond his resources.

So, you recommend that people spend as much money as they can,
regardless of any possible benefits or outcome?

> There's plenty of choice of reasonably priced cables on Amazon. You can
> choose from £10 up to something more esoteric.

Actually, they have product starting at more like £2.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/1m-TWIN-RCA-Cable-Premium/dp/B005ZPHKGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1466537111&sr=8-5&keywords=rca+interconnect+cables

Is this sort of statement characteristic of the accuracy of your advice?

> I'm checking out as I'm not a 'believer' that you need to spend a
> fortune on cables.

Is it possible that you're checking out because people aren't swallowing
this tall tale, hook, line, and sinker?

> But I do think there is some benefit in moving on from the black boot
> laces you get "free" with some kit.

Such as?

> As I've already said, each to their own.

So you think that science has nothing to do with this?  IOW, reality is
whatever a person might think it is?