Julf wrote:
> As Wombat hinted at, hi-fi magazines make their money from advertisers
> (subscription fees usually barely cover postage). How long would a hi-fi
> mag that reported "this expensive cable made no difference to our
> system" survive? I do feel sorry for hi-fi reviewers that have to come
> up with flowery language day in and day out to describe supposed
> differences.
>

> What criteria and parameters do you look at?
>

> But do you use *only* your ears, or do you allow expectation bias to
> affect your listening? As they say, "you hear what you believe", unless
> in well-controlled, double-blind listening tests.
>

> Nothing wrong with subjective preferences.
Who said anything about hifi magazine reviews? There are loads of
reviews written by real people on the Internet who aren't paid by
manufacturers.

Anyway enough trolling chaps. You're welcome to your views and you
should respect those of others.

The OP asked whether it was worth buying alternative interconnects and
recommendations. You can argue either way but so far I think I'm in the
minority as I suggested where and even a possible cable that he could
have access to in the UK.