Jeff07971 wrote:
> I wonder wether jitter can be quantum entangled ? :)

That's a nice one :) I know you're joking, but seriously, being on some
LMS plugin development and also having a signal processing theory's
background, I can guarantee that there is no correlation between what
the data source does and a potential jitter at playback. Players do
buffer a lot of audio data, that's part of the LMS protocol. Sources are
simply asynchronous HTTP servers that know nothing about what even
jitter means. The way the synchronization protocol works in LMS has
nothing to do with how the source provides audio sample. I've
implemented an AirPlay to LMS bridge that provide sync between the two
"sync logics/domains", so I know that for a fact. I'm not part of any
audiophile battle, I just read the posts from time to time and wanted to
give some insights.

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2