drmatt wrote:
> From a business bottom line point of view it would only have been a
> mistake if they lost sales as a result, but Logitech voluntarily dropped
> the whole platform, hardware and software. I am extortionately glad they
> didn't pull the LMS software from the world as may have been their right
> (didn't check the license agreement), but they didn't lose sales from
> leaving it out there.

It's been well over 10 years since the original Squeezebox was
introduced and so far other than online music streaming services no one
has been come up with a music streaming system for use in one's home
that functions any better than the Squeezebox system. Right now it would
appear that Roon may evolve into a workable alternative to LMS but not
any of those DLNA based systems. Logitech, not knowing quite how far
ahead of its time LMS was and still remains, most definitely dropped the
ball when they killed the Squeezebox line.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos