I didn't disagree. Just pointing out that squeezebox wasn't cheap enough
to be a no brainer for anyone when it came out, and like many things to
not really take off in their lifetime it's only really thriving now
because the hardware got cheaper, used. A second life, if you like.

I have to say though I don't think any one hardware component is the
future of music for the masses. (Other than the smartphone.) There will
be no ubiquitous Squeezebox Touch 2. More likely an app that ties a
bunch of existing tech together.

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0