drmatt wrote:
> They made room for sonos.. and each established manufacturer's HDD based
> system. (Presumably all based off one supplier's chipsets and software
> underneath.) The slick UI and integration of ripping and archival into
> the stack helps make it a far more compelling option for most people
> than the LMS approach.
>
> Roon i dont know much about, will take a look though, sounds
> interesting.

>From what I can gather LMS is one of the few music streaming systems
that even attempts to manage one's music library, most of the other
music streaming devices simply rely on third party music library
management or brain dead mobile apps. While those "solutions" may be
okay for the average user with a relatively small music collections
(maybe a couple of hundred albums) for large music collections these
solutions are pretty much useless, hence the need for software like
Roon.

As for "automatic" ripping and tagging - no thank you since these rely
on the information available on the internet, which is very often
incorrect or at least not the way one may prefer. Since I carefully tag
or retag all music in my library I don't want some app retagging my
music with incorrect information.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos