Wombat wrote:
> I am long enough in other forums and people know i am from germany i
> guess. Crazy weather here these days.
> Cheers!

Hi Wombat!

With your surreal sense of humour I wouldn't have guessed that you were
German (unless you just happen to live there now... ). Congratulations
on transcending your national stereotype & kudos for being able to pull
it all off in English which I believe is regarded as harder to learn as
a foreign language than Mandarin Chinese. At last count, we apparently
had 193 irregular verbs!  :D

Of course our moat protects us from the worst weather extremities
experienced by mainland Europe, doubly so in my case since I live on a
small island on the South Coast with its own little moat & pretty flat -
I'm about 2.5m above sea level - & the whole thing is surrounded by
hills, with the Isle of Wight to the south, so in effect we have our own
micro-climate. Wind over tide is the main threat, although these
requires an unusual combination to take effect. That said, there was a
substantial storm overnight in the 1320's & the other islanders awoke to
discover that an entire hamlet, complete with a church, called Southwood
had been utterly obliterated by the sea with 100 or more souls lost.
Rather poignantly, we still have a "Southwood Road", but it no longer
goes anywhere.

Do you have any of the usual German obsessions, e.g. cars, beer
festivals & a general distrust of American governments, which would
resonate with me also or are you strictly an audio geek?  ;)

Dave :)