Wombat wrote:
> Some simple measurements for the Mytek Brooklyn fanboys.
> http://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-mytek-brooklyn-dac.1828/

Hi Wombat!

Since the nice night-nurse couldn't be bothered to read the clear manual
(or even make a phone call... ) she didn't get into any of the Mytek's
menus (hint: you can press the button on the supplied Apple remote
marked "menu" - the other button covers the more complex power on or off
function) & consequently had no clue what settings she was measuring,
including the fact that the 2nd order HD probably came from the analogue
volume control (which can be changed to digital or bypassed for the line
outputs altogether) which is necessary as the Mytek also functions as a
dedicated 6W +6W headphone amp and, if you wish can be used to drive
power amplifiers directly. This is edited highlights - for the full
picture you'd have to read the book, just as she should have done. :D

4 buttons + 1 knob was clearly an overload of permutations for someone
used to only three buttons & no knob. If you drop the remote behind the
sofa, a brief press of the BIG knob also activates the underlying menus
- a sustained press does that wacky on/off thing.  :confused:

I know that this is hard for most people to get their heads round, but
for a so-called review it is laughable. The nice lady should stick to
her night job: if nursing becomes problematic because of the rising pile
of cadavers, alternative night-time occupations are available, or so I
am told...

Bunch of kids messing about, I know YOU don't want one anyway (so here
is the riposte your sniping merits), it's hardly a damning indictment!
The subsequent contributors couldn't decide what to do amongst
themselves either, I think that they probably got bored & went out to
play in the garden.

Dave :rolleyes: