I connected the various SB3 outputs to my PC via a Tascam US-122L USB
audio interface. The PC acted as a spectral analyser, the relevant
results are in the image below (each Y division = 3dB). What I do not
understand is why the bass response increases by 9dB at 20-30Hz on the
phono and coax outputs, but not the 3.5mm output. Points worth noting:

-       Same problem with two different SB3s

-       Same problem with two different pink noise files: one was from Inguz
(44KHz / 16bit flac), and the other from www.24bit96.com

-       You can see the problem creeping in at about 500Hz

-       The coax was tested via a Rotel RSP-1068 surround pre-processor.

I don’t understand this and I can’t help but think I am doing something
truly stupid. I would have thought the problem would be audible as I
have a pretty decent system, but I have never noticed it although I may
well have unwittingly “tuned it out” as I normally apply a cross over at
60Hz for a subwoofer (no filters for this test).

Any ideas anyone? I am running LMS 7.9.2 on a Raspberry Pi4 (it’s
great!).

30381

|Filename: SB3 noise, Upstairs, green=3.5mm left, red=phono L (resize 75%).jpg|
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30381|

SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI
subwoofer
3 x SB3s + SB Radio
Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 99 -> B&W surround