cliveb wrote:
> I've long been vaguely interested in experimenting with DRC, but
> whenever I read about Inguz it looked a bit daunting. Added to that, my
> LMS runs on a Raspberry Pi 3, so there's no chance of doing the
> necessary processing at the server end.
>
> I seem to recall some discussions here about whether the HiFiBerry DSP
> cards could be used for this purpose. (Sorry, but I've done some forum
> searches and couldn't find the thread, but am pretty sure I'm not
> imagining it).
>
> So I've been experimenting with HiFiBerry's Raspberry Pi DIGI2 Pro SPDIF
> card and DSP add-on board. I can confirm that it's fairly
> straightforward to load the necessary filters into the DSP card, and
> when you reboot the Pi using another operating system (eg.
> piCorePlayer), the filters are still active. I would assume that the
> same would be true if you use the HiFiBerry DAC+DSP or Beocreate card
> instead. (I use the SPDIF card because I have Meridian active speakers
> with digital inputs, so didn't need a DAC).
>
> What I did find is that some of the facilities provided by the
> HiFiBerryOS seem a bit unreliable. In particular, they use an old
> version of Squeezelite that has problems with delays and failure to
> pause/seek, so my initial plan to run HiFiBerryOS as my Squeezelite
> player didn't work out. Also, their (experimental) room correction
> feature didn't work for me. I ended up using Room EQ Wizard to calculate
> the required filters, then added those filters manually using
> HiFiBerryOS's parametric EQ page. After adding the filters, you need to
> go to the DSP Programs page and instruct it to store the settings in the
> DSP card. Once that is done, you can shut down HiFiBerryOS and reboot
> into piCorePlayer.
>
> This is just a heads-up that it does all work rather well, but if anyone
> wants some more details, let me know.

I'm plaanning on going the same route: Hifiberry Digi2 (Pro) + DSP
Add-on foor room correction. But your post confuses me a bit if it's
working fine with Squeezeplayer or not. Especially since you mention
"Also, their (experimental) room correction feature didn't work for me."
But you end with "This is just a heads-up that it does all work rather
well".

Would like to get more details. More in particular if the combo Pi4 +
Hifiberry Digi2 (Pro) and DSP add-on is working for (simple) digital
room correction.