BoxOfCables wrote:
> I meant to update that thread too...
>
> It turns out there is a quirk with that rule, if you seek to a point in
> a track it doesn't apply. I've found it quite a useful way of A/B
> testing the EQ settings - play a song (the filters are applied), then
> use the time control to scrub back to near the beginning and the rule
> doesn't invoke, so you hear the song without the EQ.
>
> It can be fixed by adding "# T" (without the quote marks) as a second
> line in the rule (according to the docs, have to admit I've not
> personally tested it).
Sorry to reopen this thread, but I just revisited it to get some info
and saw your comment about the filtering not working after a seek. I
don't generally seek so hadn't noticed, but after seeing your comment I
decided to check, and sure enough the EQ stops after a seek.

I tried adding the #T, but that appeared to just break the transcode
rule completely. (No EQ applied in at any time).

Then I saw this in the default convert.conf file:

Code:
--------------------

  flc flc transcode *
        # FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}D:{RESAMPLE=-r %d}
        [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0
$RESAMPLE$ -

--------------------

I tried adding the line *# FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}* to my
custom-convert entry, but then whenever I tried seeking, it restarted
the song.

(Incidentally, looking at the rule in the default convert.conf, and
checking what processes are running on the LMS server, I suspect that
what happens when you seek is that the custom-convert rule is abandoned
and the transcode rule in the default file gets used).

Does anyone understand enough about this to explain exactly what needs
to be put into the custom-convert file so that the rule continues to be
used after a seek?

Until recently: Transporter -> ATC SCM100A, now sold :-(
House move forced change to: piCorePlayer(RPi2/HiFiBerry DIGI2 Pro) ->
Meridian 218 -> Meridian M6