"Fernando A. P. Gomes":
> > > I do a chroot (not a pivot_root, my apologies), this version of my initrd
> > > do a chroot like this:
> > >
> > > exec /filesystem/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path /filesystem/lib
> > > filesystem/initrd/bin/chroot filesystem /sbin/init
> >
> > How about ldconfig after chroot?
>
> Same thing.

Let me make sure.
- you add an rc script which executes ldconfig.
- init executes the rc script first of all.
- you didn't execute /filesystem/lib/ld-linux.so.2 in your linuxrc.
- and the result was unchanged.
Am I right?

> > Since there were several aufses in your /proc/mounts and they shares
> > their branches, I suggested stop sharing.
>
> I've only one aufs:

Do you mean,
- /proc/mounts shows the bound mounts, which was bound AFTER chroot
- /proc/mounts never shows the bound mounts, which was bound BEFORE chroot
?

What I want to make sure is your first writable branch /etfw_changes is
NOT overlapped.

> I run linuxrc, line a line, and the bound mount is hidden after this line:
>
>         pivot_root /mnt/aufs /mnt/aufs/filesystem/initrd
>
> After this the linuxrc has two more lines:
>
> exec < filesystem/dev/console &> filesystem/dev/console
> exec /filesystem/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path /filesystem/lib
> filesystem/initrd/bin/chroot filesystem /sbin/init

pivot_root and chroot? both?
How about stopping chroot? i.e.pivot_root and exit linuxrc.

Junjiro Okajima