Thomas Sachau:
> if it is meaningless to non-gresec kernel sources and does not harm them,=
>  i see no reason against
> supporting pax/grsec kernel sources. it would make life easier for those =
> users, while everyone else
> would not be harmed, right?

Hmm, the behaviour of aufs doen't change after patching actually, but I
don't think it is truely harmless. Because,
- the patch is messy and the code will be hard to read and understand.
- the original simple assignment will be an "indirect assignment" via
  pointer. It MAY be a runtime overhead. But it should be minor and the
  clever compiler optimization MAY throw it away.
- as a general policy, I am developing (and providing) aufs under
  vanilla kernel. I don't want put code which is specific to
  non-standard module.

I hope you would agree that the patch will not be merged.

J. R. Okajima

http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo