Hello J. R.,

>Actually open(2) in your log took longer time than getdents(2).
>It indicates that the caching in aufs is not the cause the problem of your
>problem.

I see your point. Caching in aufs means to cache readdir request, not
open/getdir/getattr request. Now it makes perfect sense. Maybe that is
something that should be a bit more clear in the docs to help others as well.

>I don't know whether this is the cause of your problem. But if you
>really want to use curlftpfs as an aufs branch, then you should ask its
>maintainer to support inode number first.
>Also I'd suggest you to trace the behaviour of curlftpfs.

Well, I will follow you advise. Thank you very much for having looked into this!

Best regards

Wolfgang
___

__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Signaturdatenbank-Version 4995
(20100402) __________

E-Mail wurde gepr?ft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/