Wolfgang Alper:
> I see your point. Caching in aufs means to cache readdir request, not
> open/getdir/getattr request. Now it makes perfect sense. Maybe that is
> something that should be a bit more clear in the docs to help others as well.

Request is not cached. It is result that be cached, which is the
merged-view. And the cache is connected to the dir inode. As long as the
uniqness of the inode (its inode number) is maintained, you will be able
to reuse the cache and gain its effect.
Although it is already described in the aufs manual and documents, I
will refine it when I have time.

J. R. Okajima

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/