Tomas M:
> I noticed now that the default path you say for the install directory
> is $PWD/usr, and I can confirm that this directory exists and contains
> aufs_type.h ! So it seems it's installing the header file properly,

Glad to hear that!

> Could you please tell me how to use DESTDIR as you suggested, to force
> it to install to my preferred directory?

If you run "make help" in your kernel source tree, then you would see

$ make help
        :::
  headers_install - Install sanitised kernel headers to INSTALL_HDR_PATH
                    (default: /your/current/dir/usr)
        :::

So try set INSTALL_HDR_PATH instead of DESTDIR.

J. R. Okajima

Live Security Virtual Conference