On 02.04.22 03:28, Kevin Morris via aur-general wrote:
GitLab requires that you create an account with Arch Linux Keycloak at
accounts.archlinux.org and use that to gain access. It takes about five
minutes to complete, and OTPs are pretty common these days so you likely
would need your OTP app for other two-factors as well.

Is it enough to have 2FA enabled on my GitHub account?

To be honest: Most of this 2FA stuff is even more a pain in the ass as
passwords are. I still hope that, one day, there will be "the standard"
for "single sign on". For example I would prefer to have a small device
that I can put on my key-chain (first factor) and an easy to remember
pin that I (best case) enter directly on this dedicated security device
(second factor). It would be such a relief if this would be all I need
to access **everything** online. And no: A smartphone is not such a
device. a) I don't trust them b) what happens if my phone dies?

Biggest problem with all 2FA protected stuff: You get this sheet with
shitty "keep these for recovery" codes including a note "if you loose
these, noone can unlock your account for you". Where to put these? Just
save to my PC? Wouldn't this be exactly what everyone suggests *not* to
do (save "passwords" unencrypted in a plain text file). Better print it
out? But where to store it?

Sorry but this is trying to solve a "pain in the ass" (passwords) with
even more pain in the ass (even more complicated steps to sign in).

Manuel