Hey,

On 01/03/2023 12:16, irecca....@gmail.com wrote:
On 3/1/23 10:30, Oskar Roesler wrote:

The TU's aren't judges in criminal court. It's totally ok and beneficial if they apply some pragmatism and common sense. Hell, even real court judges are allowed to vary in their decisionmaking. No, you're not discriminated because they stopped your reaction. I hope you can understand and accept that.

I understand. But I just don't get why I was banned. TU said this will be helpful to identify not complying packages. I just did that. It wasn't an automated script or something. And this is just requests, it is for TUs to make a decision. Unfortunately there is no "check" request type for simply bring attention, so I filled deletes.

You filled ~ 50 requests in X minutes with just "Not allowed by AUR submission guidelines". Without further detail about what is wrong with the package causing the TU's to have to figure out what this request is about.

Also I don't see any mentions about how much requests user can make. If you guys have problems with it, please share the limits publicly, e.g. on the wiki page.

You mention common sense below, not creating ~ 50 requests with the same message is common sense. If you want to clean up more from the AUR that is fine but please coordinate it carefully with a TU so they know about it upfront.

P.S. Regarding common sense.
I will be glad if someone will explain how my package (libinput-light), which was created to drop libwacom dependency (How much users have wacom tablets? I think even 1% of the userbase will be generous overestimation.), considered harmful and deleted, but packages like https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-slim stripped down to hell and literally stating "Zero compatibility" in the description are still alive for years?

TU's aren't judges, as you said, but I definitely want some justice here.

The AUR has 82736 packages, and packages are checked by volunteers and by hand. Do you expect them to go through all uploaded packages night and day?

It turns out you were unlucky and someone noticed, don't take this personal and please don't start filling requests because you feel you were wronged.

Greetings,

Jelle