Hi all,

I'd like to start a "Special Removal of an Inactive Package Maintainer" [0] for Jonas Witschel (diabonas) based on prolonged inactivity.

Jonas has not executed any packaging or AUR maintenance duties since a very long time. Due to this I tried to reach Jonas since quite a while over various channels. Finally I was able to get a response via Signal mid of January 2023. He promised to try to catch up with things that neglected, which unfortunately still didn't happen for his Arch responsibilities. Afterwards I've also tried to get a response in March, May, June and August, without success.

Furthermore, gromit has also reached out independently while trying to reach all package maintainers that missed multiple votes, also without success.

Hence we also started replacing Jonas as main key holder and I hereby start the Package Maintainer removal with this thread.

The discussion period will last for three days, after which there will be a voting period of five days.

Cheers,
Levente

[0]: https://package-maintainer-bylaws.aur.archlinux.org/#_special_removal_of_an_inactive_package_maintainer