Hi Médéric,

In practice that means I was disowned of this package without anything
I could do (I could not answer the deletion request and no human got
in touch with me to confirm). I find this problematic and somewhat
worrisome regarding security.

I agree with you in that the deletion process could be much more user
friendly. The simplest thing you could have done is fix the issue before
the grace period was up. In case this happens to you again and you’d
rather dispute the issue, there’s several ways to get an AUR moderator’s
attention to make your case. Every deletion request opens a new thread
on aur-requests [1]; you can post a reply there, or open a thread here
on aur-general like you did (but ideally before the grace period ends). You can also reach out on IRC in #archlinux-aur.

However, note that AUR moderators generally don’t personally reach out to PKGBUILD owners who are at the receiving end of a deletion request. The request itself always has a comment that states the reason for the request, so during the grace period, the ball is in your court, not in the AUR moderator’s.


At any rate, how can I proceed to that the package ownership is
reverted back to me? Thank you very much!

The best way for you to proceed would be responding to the question
Muflone has asked in this thread (“Do you plan to fix this package using
a valid URL where to download the sources or can I give the package sofa
to the user requesting to become the maintainer?”).


Regards
Claudia

[1]: https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/aur-
[email protected]

Attachment: OpenPGP_0xD11E9FC4F7C9DA3C.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to