my final post on the matter.

Flarm has been closed since its inception.

there are 30,000 units installed

it works. it's proven. it's trusted.

it has done so for more than 12 years.

it's saved many, many lives.

the purchase cost is acceptable and very reasonable. support is good and it's
free. it's available from different sources at different price points.

it's a cheap, reliable and a proven form of life insurance for gliding.

it's a saturated market (only a few hundred new units needed every year,
globally.)  just to continue to provide the services that they have done either
Flarm have to maintain a control of market share or if they opened it up then
they would have to change the model and likely change everyone for annual
software updates. simple economics.

the "letter" published by mr khun, is spam and refuted by Flarm. nothing has
changed, it works as it always has.

we have a great solution, at very reasonable cost, why put any of that at risk?