Yep. As sad as it might seem, things will have to change.
Of course club committees will cry foul and suggest that implementing this
will mean the demise of the club.

I think he GFA should look at supporting a flagship club or two to trial
this. By support I mean fund any loss if it doesn't work.

I would think a couple of clubs with different profiles might work as a
trial to learn about the efficacy of the idea.

E.G One club with > 100 members, and another with <30

We might actually learn something.

Or a club could even offer two training schemes.

1. Is the sit around all day and take what you can get (Free)
2. Is the fully commercial model

Explain the reality and timeframe to learn.  See what people opt for????