Excuse my ignorance (never thought I would be able to use that phrase "one
day")
May I ask what is holding us back from adapting a more modern system.
Something like the PPL A,B,C?
A - GA
B - powered sailplanes
C - sailplanes

The NEW system is "EASA Part FCL" with more letters behind it - depending
what you are flying
A - fixed wing (that includes us)
H - airfoil faster than the air-frame
G - Gyro (not fish, nor flesh)
BA - soap bubbles and Hindenburgs

It is possible to have "sailplane/glider" added to my PPL here. But why
would I do that if I am not intending to fly overseas?

If this has been discussed more than 20 years ago - what laws of physics
prevented this to happen?

Or is this in progress and the GPC is part of that?
When can we have a GPL? It would certainly appeal to some.
Make everyone responsible for their own actions and then CFI's won't get
grey hair that quickly.

I really would like to know.
Erich