Robert,

> ANy pilot that pegs the nose on the horizon in such a situation is
> unsafe and possibly very badly trained.

The statement "pegs nose on horizon" doesn't mean that the pilot holds
the glider
nose high, it was short hand for saying that the pilot identifies the
point at which
the horizon crosses the canopy / nose of the aircraft and uses it to
maintain a
steady attitude through the turn. This normally results in a steady
speed, but... in
the scenario where the glider has momentum left over from the tow the
pilot starts
with an attitude that is too high and therefore the airspeed decays
through the turn.

I.E my post was simply supporting Mikes statement that

   "Attitude is only good in steady state flight"!

Now Robert as for your suggestion to keep the discussion reasonable....
But seeing as you flew off the handle in regards to this post I don't
see any point in
persisting.

rgds

Pete