Two thoughts on this matter:

1.  The Australian Parachute Federation (APF) could perhaps produce a set of
GPS co-ordinates for known parachuting operations, as well as contact details
if available.  You can easily put proximity alerts into most modern GPS units,
and if you are able to identify the few that are within your gliding zone
beforehand then at least it's then possible to get an audible reminder from the
GPS as you approach the area.  You can refer to crib notes to get more
information is then required.

2. Putting a jumpmaster on the ground is probably not going to make one iota of
difference to the risk of collision when gliders below the cloud are involved.
Because they are silent and often difficult to spot against cloud (as anyone
who has tried to find the aircraft with the AEF passenger for the
friends/family waiting on the ground can tell !), even when you KNOW that
they're "up there somewhere", they are hard to see.  Unless the gliding
operation is within hearing distance (assuming aerotow launch), or the
jumpmaster is well aware of the transit of gliding traffic through his piece of
sky (by radio, local knowledge, etc), then the last thing the jumpmaster is
going to do is notice a silent glider sneaking through under a cloud (or even
out in the blue if side-on).

Let's all hope and pray for a parachute-free long weekend.

Cheers

Jason Armistead