>From: "Peter  Stephenson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Politicians work on the fact that if they get one letter on their desk
>about
>a subject, there are ten others who think the same but do not bother to
>write.

And look where that decision-making process has got us.

You may well be right in your opinion that a large number of glider pilots
in Australia want a pilot's licence in their pocket but that doesn't make it
a good idea for the health of gliding.  If the enthusiasts have their way,
I'll predict that it will drive at least a third and probably more of the
current members (for want of a better word) out of the sport within a few
years of the RPL coming in.

In any case, I stick to my original thought.

I prefer rational discussion as a basis for decision-making.

Graeme Cant