I am quite sure they mean you to stay in gliding range and not more than
10miles out. (that is, in sight of the airfield)  You can easily be 50 Km
out and still in gliding range in this country, even 100 km or more on a
good day if you have a decent ship, it is probably not a good idea for
newcomers to be that far out though as other factors can make it harder,
unsafe or impossible to get home eg changes in the Wx, (Cb) loss of
daylight, intervening terrain or airspace or becoming unaware of your
position (can you spot your airfield from 50Km?).

Best Regards,

John Haunton

"Derek Ruddock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
24/11/03 02:28 PM
Please respond to "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."