        From what I've heard of accidents etc so far, there are more than enough experienced pilots, who should know better, getting themselves into trouble. Maybe finding oneself thinking 'I've heard it before, there is nothing new' should be an alert to possible complacency!

          .......besides, I love a good comic......my local paper has a roundup of local policing called 'On the Beat', it's the best part of the paper!

                                                                        ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:01 PM
Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] ACCIDENT & INCIDENT REPORTING

    You tell me. Was it poor circuit planning, or pilot fatigue, or poor paddock selection or pilot dehydration or an unsighted star-picket or ..............................

I think this is the sticking poing between the two train of thoughts.
Ok, lets pick one - anyone (or one of the _many_ other reasons for heavy outlanding). Now what?

do you just concentrate on _that_ one the next time you outland? Unless there is something NEW what's the point?

[now back to lurking on the list]