I believe they add the moisture at the hospitals now?? but ask Chris Leon as he was with the old CIG and we went into it at length with tests of off the shelf cylinders  Ian McPhee
----- Original Message -----
From: PTB
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] O2

My understanding is that medical O2 is specifically supposed NOT to be dry....

Robert Hart wrote:
Ian McPhee wrote:

Not sure about welding o2 but do know all medical oxygen is all totally dry - the only difference with aviation o2 and medical is the paperwork. Years ago a friend of mine was CEO of the then CIG and we were worried and run a test on moisture on medical cyclinder and it easily meet the aviation std.

This is not the advice I received from BOC (they could not guarantee it was dry) - nor my experience. As noted in a previous post, I have had one occurrence of freezing up of the valve during a transfilling operation, which suggests that there is some water present in medical O2 on occasions.

--
Regards,

                ----------------.        .----------------
                   ----------    \  __  /    ----------
                      --------    \(..)/    --------
                                  //..\\
                                 VV    VV
                                 '//||\\`
                                   ''``
                                Peregrine!

   "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground, and.... miss."
		--- Ford Prefect