Perhaps the guy was getting confused over his war time memories of Parap,
this was the name/site of the Darwin civil aerodrome then.

-------Original Message-------

From: Allan Armistead
Date: 02/07/07 20:59:12
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] Parap (?) glider

Ian, thanks, what you are saying there does seem to fit the conversation I
had. Now you mention it, the guy did make some mention of a flight into
Melbourne. If you know more I'd be glad to hear, but don't go to a lot of
effort on my account. You've pretty much satisfied my immediate curiosity.

Allan Armistead
ph (02) 6249 6470, mobile 0413 013 911
PO Box 908, Dickson ACT 2602, Australia

"When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been and there you always will be."
Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519