Hi all

"a big loss to potential customers from overseas concerning my own club
(GCV) recently."

There is no reason to force anyone to promote gliding(Via the OLC),
especially when as stated such promotion is only to benefit commercial
gliding club operations ability to attract overseas customers.(That was the
reason stated above wasn't it?)Representing this as promoting gliding is
disingenuous to say the least.

I am happy to promote gliding in fact for many years I sat on the WGC stand
at the Royal show in SA lifting kids in and out of gliders. That is
promoting gliding not acting as a publicity agent for commercial purposes.
See the difference? If any club wants to attract overseas visitor's they
should pay for their own advertising, not try and force their members to do
it for them. I think if such an unjust fine system was introduced I for one
would not pay. Hopefully sensible club management will reject such a silly
concept.

How exactly will attracting overseas pilots help increase our local
membership again? Answer: It wont.

All things must pass and it may well be gliding is one of them, particularly
in its current form and ideas such as this will only hasten the rising
dissatisfaction with many elements of the current system.

By all means if you wish to be a part of the OLC, why should you be allowed
to fine others if they don't want to?

So, let's see if you can find another spin to justify this eh?

Regards
Dave