Matt,

Thank you, That is exactly the point.
My fellow club members had a vision ten years ago to provide infrastructure and
a fun environment for any punter to fly anything for their own personal goals
only.
In that last decade Chris Stephens has just about put wars on pause to be
there, my family (Arnie and Beryl) have just about worn out a skeleton each
(mum might be faster this year, bionic knees). It goes on and on. none of them
actually get to fly, just work, in saying that some of the most fantastic
people have come through Narromine and just come and help without any
prompting. Its truly a great atmosphere. (I generally fly because mum tells me
to, i just do what she says)
All the club would really appreciate is recognition for the site while people
fly there, so OLC and flight logs are really important to us.
Looks like we may have up to 80 gliders there this year, if you like drinking
beer and seeing people really smile because they are achieving their dreams
then come along, we have 2 maybe 3 Duo on site and Paul Mander loves to make
seasoned pilots hearl in the back of the ASH.
You may see some spectacular Low Level training out the front of the clubhouse
as well ??

Cheers
Mark > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:12:17 +1000> To:
aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net> Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] OLC> > But you
miss the point completely here Dave. This is NOT an > imposition on the
Narromine Members !> > Narromine during cup week has about 2 members actually
flying. The > rest who are present are GIVING their time to ensure that all the
> visitors (60+ of them), who pay NOTHING to use the facilities have a > good
time.> > What they are asking in return is that the visitors contribute >
something back that doesn't actually cost them anything except a bit > of
time.> > People now know months before hand whet is expected of them. They can
> choose to go, or not if they don't like this.> > > > > On 04/07/2007, at
14:36 , Dave wrote:> > > Hi all> >> > "a big loss to potential customers from
overseas concerning my own > > club> > (GCV) recently."> >> > There is no
reason to force anyone to promote gliding(Via the OLC),> > especially when as
stated such promotion is only to benefit commercial> > gliding club operations
ability to attract overseas customers.(That > > was the> > reason stated above
wasn't it?)Representing this as promoting > > gliding is> > disingenuous to say
the least.> >> > I am happy to promote gliding in fact for many years I sat on
the > > WGC stand> > at the Royal show in SA lifting kids in and out of
gliders. That is> > promoting gliding not acting as a publicity agent for
commercial > > purposes.> > See the difference? If any club wants to attract
overseas visitor's > > they> > should pay for their own advertising, not try
and force their > > members to do> > it for them. I think if such an unjust
fine system was introduced I > > for one> > would not pay. Hopefully sensible
club management will reject such > > a silly> > concept.> >> > How exactly will
attracting overseas pilots help increase our local> > membership again? Answer:
It wont.> >> > All things must pass and it may well be gliding is one of them,
> > particularly> > in its current form and ideas such as this will only hasten
the rising> > dissatisfaction with many elements of the current system.> >> >
By all means if you wish to be a part of the OLC, why should you be > >
allowed> > to fine others if they don't want to?> >> > So, let's see if you can
find another spin to justify this eh?> >> > Regards> > Dave> >> >> >> >
-----Original Message-----> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > [mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wayne> > Carter> > Sent: Wednesday, 4 July 2007 11:55
AM> > To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net> > Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] OLC>
>> > Ahhh jeez, done it again!> >> > THIS is the OLC download information link>
>> > http://www.gfa.org.au/Docs/sport/OLC_downloads.pdf> >> > sorry all> >> >
Let me further explain my position and thinking.> >> > As a small business
owner I know success of any business relies> > primarily on SALES.> > Gliding,
as a sport and like all other sports nowadays must be run > > as a> > business
- those of you who cannot understand that simply never will,> > sorry, and
those who do are probably business owners like myself.> > Think of any sport
you enjoy for yourself or as an observer and > > check it> > from a business
perspective. All the big ones are big business, all > > the> > little ones are
basically, like ourselves in gliding, on the way out.> > As polarisingly simple
and harsh as that sounds, it is.> >> > The problem is, we have been doing what
we are currently doing and we> > are going downhill.> > The answer is, we have
to change.> > Can I make it simpler than that?> >> > This is not personal, its
a worldwide gliding fact and MUST be > > addressed> > before we are all old
pilots in old ships, no upcoming kids, no > > faster,> > sleeker glass.> >
Understand yet?> >> > We either take the bitter pill (c'mon, its a small "fine"
towards our> > future) or we will get sick and die.> >> > The OLC should NOT be
viewed just as a competition, although that is> > its original probable
intention.> > The OLC will be able to give us far, far more than just flight> >
comparison and logging of data.> > It can be used as a sales tool -thats why
all the bigger clubs and> > commercial operations are so well represented
there.> >> > Honestly, if you were on final glide and the PDA showed impact > >
prior to> > the airstrip, would you sit there and wait or would you do
something?> > Gliding, as a sport, is on final glide and we DONT have enough >