On 03/12/2007, at 8:10 PM, Mike Borgelt wrote:

> Even the Telstra rocket scientists could figure out that when faced
> with "you can't turn off CDMA until Next G gives at least as good
> coverage" that one good option for them is to reduce the CDMA
> coverage gradually before it gets formally checked.

Tricky to do.  ACMA audited it before approving the NextG money.

Any degradation in CDMA is probably attributable to poor maintenance
standards.  Remember that we're talking about the company that breached
corporations law by giving a confidential briefing to Government MPs
in which they confessed to cost-cutting for profits to such an excess
that they'd underspent on network maintenance by over $3b since Sol
Trujillo came onto the scene.  That's billion with a b.

It's the kind of thing that'd make a shareholder weep if they'd thought
about the long-term implications.

   - mark