They're been saying that for a long time. I'm on prepaid, so don't get
bills, but I get a letter from them every fortnight or so urging me to swap
over to the "newer and better" NextG, I also get a phone call from a sales
person for Telstra every fortnight or so as well. When I point out to them
that I'm not interested, they usually remind me that CDMA's closing down
after January 28th and that I should do it ASAP, then keep trying to talk me
into it (Usually resulting in me hanging up).

What's annoying is that I have to buy a new phone, and for someone that has
a very low income, even if they do offer $50 off if I go with NextG, it's
still too expensive =(

Dion.

On 04/12/2007, stuart smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got my phone bill today.  announced on the back page is this message.
>
> "Please be advised that Telstra intends to close the CDMA mobile network
> on
> 28th January 2008 and from this date you will
> no longer be able to use your Telsta CDMA mobile phone on this network."
>
> Where does this fit into "it cant be losed down until equivalent or better
> coverage with Next G"?
>
> Stuart

<Nafoi> In our high school library, at the librarians desk there was a pair
of scissors for students to use, to stop people from stealing them the
genius had tied them to the leg of the desk with a piece of string.