At 11:13 PM 3/12/2007, you wrote:
>Mike, I've been looking at the eeePC, I'd love to know what you think of it
>when you've been using it for a while.
>
>contact me off the forum as I think its a little bit off topic.
>
>Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Played with the gadget for a few hours this afternoon. Utterly cool!
Well built and solid mechanically and small and light.

The Linux OS works well and the user interface is very familiar for
Windows users. Wireless works well and is easy to set up.

For a comms device while away from home for use at wifi hotspots it
seems just about perfect with all the built in apps like Open Office,
Firefox, Thunderbird mailer.

My only problem is how to get it to use the new phone as a data
modem. The phones all come with software to be installed on Windows Pc's.

The eeePC will run WinXP SP2 but I really don't want to have to do that.

How's the Ventus? We're just finishing the major refurbish of the
BD4. Plan on getting down south early in the new year in it. Might
run in to you then.

Regards

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
           Int'l + 61 429 355784