Savings today in fuel costs over 2000 hours for a diesel should be about $70,000. Saving is about $4,000 for every 10c rise in fuel prices, and I expect we will see prices rise another 25-50c this year.

Costs are at the stage that an engine manufacturer offering a free engine for using their fuel is an interesting idea !

However, the LS1 is a far better option than continuing with the Lycoming !

On 12/05/2008, at 11:47 , Michael Shirley wrote:

Hi Peter

It is unlikely to be cheaper to buy, or run, than an LS1 V8 - replacement
cost A$6,000.
Cheers
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 10 May 2008 12:59 PM
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
Subject: [Aus-soaring] RE pawnee engine option

Centurion have a diesel/jet A engine available and EASA certified for
replacement in the Cessna 206. It is rated at upto 350 hp with some derate
for contnuous operations

I wonder what this would be like with a fixed pitch prop and retrofitted in
a pawnee. Business case would be interesting.

Peter Heath