No, olde English would be CAA, which as everyone should know stands for Campaign Against Aviation - that well known british government funded organisation dedicated to keeping aircraft on the ground.

So CASA probably means Campaign Against (Safe / Sport / Serious / Sensible / Soaring) Aviation - I'm sure others can insert other suitable words...

If only we had such an accommodating authority that this was possible -

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=61FC&cmndfind.x=16&cmndfind.y=11

On 19/05/2008, at 20:47 , simon holding wrote:

CAFA is an olde English spelling

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] On Behalf Of JR
Sent: Monday, 19 May 2008 5:31 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] CASA motto

wouldnt that be CAFA ?
----- Original Message -----
From: D S Baker
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 3:56 PM

Nah, CASA stands for C*(** And Flying A***holes

*Waits to get kicked*

Dion
2008/5/19 Jim Staniforth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I see that CASA is using the same motto as the Failed Airman's Association in the United States. First heard that motto from an FAA pilot examiner - who had the unusual quality of being a real pilot. So, what does CASA mean? Committee to Actively Stifle Aviation? There must be hundreds...
Jim

David Lawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Were not happy till your not happy!" )-:

<timmo> you know what i hate
<timmo> errors that wont go away
<Guilty> So you dislike children too